Title: Manager/Director, Manufacturing Supply Chain
Location: Central New Jersey / Midtown Manhattan
Start Date: Immediate Hire
Reports to: Direct to VP Manufacturing
A Pharma Company is seeking a high energy, motivated candidate for a Supply Chain Manager/Director.
Candidate will join a well-funded, public, clinical-stage LVV and AAV gene therapy company (biologics) with a broad pipeline in multiple pediatric rare disease clinical indications in US & EU. The Company was one of the top performing biotech stocks in 2018.
This management-track position is a key role in manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will have relevant industry experience in biotechnology, cell, gene or regenerative medicine; or similar industry experience at a leading biotech organization.
As a Supply Chain Manager/Director, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring our overall supply chain strategy, and maximizing efficiency and productivity through material resource planning. Additional responsibilities include warehouse management, negotiating supply agreements, and material logistics support.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong passion and curiosity for science and gene therapy with desire to bring needed cures from bench to bedside. Demonstrated genuine interest and curiosity in research and science highly valued.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy;
- Collaborate with Operations, QC, and R&D teams as “customers”;
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery;
- Oversee warehouse operations, logistics, and inventory management;
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective;
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors;
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements;
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance;
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions;
- Determine supply chain KPIs;
- Develop processes and procedures from scratch;
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner as part of continuous improvement;
- Train and evaluate others;
- Provide constructive feedback;
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors;
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors;
- Previous working experience in Pharma/biologics Supply Chain Management for 5+ years (position level dependent upon candidate experience);
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as ERP/MRP solutions);
- Experience managing logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items;
- Must have experience with GMP/regulated manufacturing environments and materials;
- Have appropriate understanding of accounting or finance and comprehend legal documents;
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Good time-management skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- BA or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field;
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com