Rocket Pharmaceuticals Inc., an emerging Gene Therapy Company is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Accountant position with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for taking ownership of various work streams within the controllership organization, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, budgeting, external reporting processes and internal controls.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly and annual closing process;
- Post all recurring monthly journal entries; Review GL postings to ensure correct recording of transactions
- Maintain all balance sheet reconciliations and update monthly to ensure accurate reporting;
- Prepare the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other financial reports / packages as deemed necessary;
- Provide detailed analysis for month end closing;
- Assist in the implementation of effective accounting controls and business processes;
- Maintain and report on financial/operational/business metrics. Assist in the preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP;
- Support financial statement audits and reports;
- Collaboration with operational personnel on financial and operational matters;
- Assist in the implementation of new GL system
- Research and implementation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Special projects and other assignments as required
- Gene-Modified Cell Therapeutics Requirements and Qualifications
- CPA or equivalent
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of total experience
- Experience with a Big 4 or national firm and/or SEC registered company preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with SAP a plus
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org