Rocket is seeking a Scientist for Analytics Development, who will work with members of the CMC and R&D teams to assess and develop analytic methods for viral vector and cell-based therapeutics while coordinating with key internal and external stakeholders to advance our transformative cell- and genebased therapies for life-threatening disorders. The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and conduct exploratory and routine analytic testing to define critical characteristics of cell- and genebased therapeutics. The ideal applicant will have a strong background in cell biology and vectorology (retrovirus/lentivirus and AAV) with experience in development and implementation of analytic methods. The successful candidate will focus on developing reproducible and robust analytic techniques with the associated proper documentation to facilitate testing and control of high quality viral vector and cellbased therapies.
Scientist for Analytics Development Duties and Responsibilities
- Support cross-functional testing for viral vector and cell products
- Qualifying new and established test methods that assess the quality attributes of the product to support process development and quality control activities
- Identify new and novel methods to characterize and test Rocket Pharma’s array of gene therapy products
- Provide analytical expertise both internally and externally including supporting comparability/characterization programs
- Technical writing to support literature or regulatory submissions, medical and other program development aspects of Rocket Pharma’s internal and partnered assets
- Collaborating with Quality and Regulatory functions to maintain alignment of goals and timelines
Scientist for Analytics Development Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, or an associated discipline with more than 3-years relevant experience in analytics development within a biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment
- Track record of skilled analytic development for a variety of biologics and multiple targets (i.e. DNA, RNA, and protein/enzymes)
- Demonstrated skills in designing, executing, and interpreting experiments
- Experience in managing third-party contractors, CMOs and CTOs, including the ability to motivate and inspire action
- Periodically traveling to CMOs and CTOs
- Has a thorough understanding of GMP requirements
- Experience with BSL2 materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic and problem-solving capabilities are essential
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org