Title: Project Manager/Senior Project Manager, General and Construction Projects
Location: Central New Jersey / Midtown Manhattan
Start Date: Immediate Hire
Reports to: Direct to VP Manufacturing
A Pharma Company is seeking a high energy, motivated candidate for Senior/Project Manager, Manufacturing Operations.
Candidate will join a well-funded public clinical-stage LVV and AAV gene therapy company (biologics) with a broad pipeline in multiple pediatric rare disease clinical indications in US & EU. The company was one of the top performing biotech stocks in 2018.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to plan and supervise a variety of projects. You will organize and oversee all aspects of coordination, timing, and contractor activities related to progressing internal and external projects related to manufacturing. The primary objective is to ensure all activities are well organized and completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in most aspects of acquiring and establishing all the pieces, spaces, and procedures, including construction, needed to support manufacturing. Must be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong passion and curiosity for science and gene therapy with desire to bring needed cures from bench to bedside. Demonstrated genuine interest and curiosity in research and science highly valued.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the specifications of the project;
- Review contracts with external vendors to understand timing, scope, and deliverables;
- Obtain or coordinate obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities;
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations;
- Track, manage, and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met;
- Acquire necessary equipment and/or materials and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies;
- Identify needed contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities;
- Supervise the work of others and give them guidance when needed;
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports;
- Communicate and work with appropriate support to achieve project goals and manage issues;
- Proven experience as a project manager;
- In-depth understanding of project management principles (some experience with capital projects needed, but relevant operational experience for startup/readiness projects may substitute);
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Familiarity with project management software;
- Outstanding communication and matrix management skills;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- A team player with leadership abilities;
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field;
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage;
- Experience with capital projects which included or involved cleanrooms, laboratories, office space, and various support areas is a significant advantage;
- Experience with manufacturing operations for biologics is a significant plus;
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org