Laboratory Manager/Research Technician Job Responsibilities:
Experienced and motivated lab manager and research technician to assist with daily operations of a dynamic gene therapy research lab and support development activities with contracted manufacturing organizations to enable clinical trials. The position involves managing lab experiments, purchase and organization of reagents and supplies, and administrative and project management support to a dedicated team of process and analytical development scientists.
Laboratory Manager Job Duties:
- Organize and maintain structure of the lab, managing day-to-day activities and coordinating meetings with external partners
- Assist with execution and project management of internal and external research projects
- Participate and coordinate involvement in daily lab tasks, including maintenance of mammalian cell culture lines, production and purification of viral vector supernatants for gene therapy, transduction of target cell lines, titration and molecular analytical development
- Oversee operation and maintenance of essential equipment, maintaining all service records and contracts
- Ensure supply inventory is adequate and act as primary resource for purchasing, managing vendor relationships
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of laboratory guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations, participate in training personnel on lab safety, conduct, standards
- Assist with data analysis; attend and participate in regular CMC meetings
- Support preparation of proposals, presentations, and publications
Laboratory Manager Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or health sciences and 2-4 years of relevant experience, or Master of Science degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with and knowledge of standard molecular and cellular biology, safety and laboratory procedures
- Skills: Managing Processes, Management Proficiency, Equipment Maintenance, Training, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Quality Focus, Research Lab Testing, Lab Environment, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Viral Vectors, Hematopoietic Stem Cells
Rocket is a gene therapy company working to bring hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through the development of curative first-in-class genemodified cell therapies.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com