Under the supervision of the Head of Development, the Director / Sr. Director Operations will provide operational and strategic support to development Rocket’s AAV and LVV programs. The ideal candidate will be strategic with a strong understanding of the development challenges in gene therapy, both scientifically and operationally. We need someone who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done – whether its leading within the cross-functional organization against tight deadlines, or driving process externally with our academic partners.
- Manage and drive cross-functional relationships across research, operations, clinical, regulatory, CMC, and QC/QA functions
- Collaborate with Development staff to outline goals, timelines and objectives in conjunction with Corporate and Research goals
- Strategize the allocation of budgets and resources across the Development team
- Support management of relationships with academic partners and external vendors
- Work with finance, legal and business functions to develop and manage relationships with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and serve as the CMO primary point of contact within the development team
- PhD or MS in scientific discipline with MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of Research and Research Operations/Project Management experience
- Scientific expertise in gene therapy, ideally AAV or LVV
- Experience managing timelines and budgets across multiple cross-functional areas within a gene therapy setting
- Experience working with academic collaborators, CROs, and CMOs and their associated systems and contracts
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to represent company in outward facing situations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability and desire to learn complex issues
- Willingness to do what needs to be done: excitement to drive programs forward and help the team/company achieve its goal to bring lifesaving therapies to patients in need
- Position Based in Midtown Manhattan and does not offer remote work
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com