Rocket is seeking an individual who will work within the R&D team supporting nonclinical development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for independently planning and executing in vitro and in vivo nonclinical pharmacology, efficacy, and safety/toxicology studies, with a very strong background in Biological Sciences.
The Senior Scientist will be highly collaborative, and will adhere to established processes, policies, and quality systems for conducting experiments and reporting data from basic research studies, regulatory toxicology programs, and other activities in support of Rocket’s gene therapy pipeline.
This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to ongoing translational research efforts aimed at developing potential therapeutics for life-threatening diseases utilizing gene therapy.
- Independently plan and execute experiments for inclusion in regulatory submissions, including pharmacology and toxicology; select approach and methods to achieve project objectives both by reference to the general body of scientific knowledge and by application of sound experimental procedure
- Provide oversight and management of research conducted by CROs and other third parties
- Analyze and evaluate experimental data and summarize findings and relevance to both project and company objectives
- Develop and outline research objectives consistent with company priorities and resources
- Write and review nonclinical study reports and relevant sections of regulatory documents
- Work closely with cross functional team members to ensure all work is completed with high quality in a timely and scientifically rigorous manner
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- MS or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related field
- 2+ years (Ph.D.) or 5+ years (MS) of nonclinical R&D experience in pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Mastery of standard wet lab techniques and prior experience working with viral vectors (preferably AAV)
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology including, designing and executing studies employing DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, qPCR, ELISA, western blot, immunolabeling (IHC and/or ICC, IF) on fixed sections, histological techniques and microscopy
- Has depth of knowledge and hands-on tissue culture expertise, especially working with iPS cells
- Good understanding of US FDA and European nonclinical regulatory requirements with hands-on experience generating study reports and other regulatory documentation supporting submissions
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to explain complex concepts with clarity and simplicity
Location: New York, NY / Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com