Rocket Pharmaceuticals Inc., an emerging Gene Therapy Company is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Accountant position with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for taking ownership of various work streams within the controllership organization, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, budgeting, external reporting processes and internal controls.
- Participate in the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly and annual closing process.
- Post all recurring monthly journal entries.
- Review GL postings to ensure correct recording of transactions.
- Maintain all balance sheet reconciliations and update monthly to ensure accurate reporting.
- Prepare the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other financial reports / packages as deemed necessary.
- Provide detailed analysis for month end closing.
- Assist in the implementation of effective accounting controls and business processes.
- Maintain and report on financial/operational/business metrics. Assist in the preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Support financial statement audits and reports.
- Collaboration with operational personnel on financial and operational matters.
- Assist in the implementation of new GL system.
- Research and implementation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Special projects and other assignments as required.
- Gene-Modified Cell Therapeutics Requirements and Qualifications.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of total experience
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience with a Big 4 or national firm and/or SEC registered company preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with SAP a plus
Location: New York, NY
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To apply, please email your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com