Rocket is seeking a Scientist for Analytics Development, who will work with members of the CMC and R&D teams to assess and develop analytic methods for viral vector and cell-based therapeutics while coordinating with key internal and external stakeholders to advance our transformative cell- and gene based therapies for life-threatening disorders. The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and conduct exploratory and routine analytic testing to define critical characteristics of cell- and gene based therapeutics. The ideal applicant will have a strong background in cell biology and vectorology (retrovirus/lentivirus and AAV) with experience in development and implementation of analytic methods. The successful candidate will focus on developing reproducible and robust analytic techniques with the associated proper documentation to facilitate testing and control of high quality viral vector and cell based therapies.
- Support cross-functional testing for viral vector and cell products.
- Qualifying new and established test methods that assess the quality attributes of the product to support process development and quality control activities.
- Identify new and novel methods to characterize and test Rocket Pharma’s array of gene therapy products.
- Provide analytical expertise both internally and externally including supporting comparability/characterization programs.
- Technical writing to support literature or regulatory submissions, medical and other program development aspects of Rocket Pharma’s internal and partnered assets.
- Collaborating with Quality and Regulatory functions to maintain alignment of goals and timelines.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, or an associated discipline.
- 3+ year’s relevant experience in analytics development within a biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment.
- Track record of skilled analytic development for a variety of biologics and multiple targets (i.e. DNA, RNA, and protein/enzymes).
- Demonstrated skills in designing, executing, and interpreting experiments.
- Experience in managing third-party contractors, CMOs and CTOs, including the ability to motivate and inspire action.
- Periodically traveling to CMOs and CTOs.
- Has a thorough understanding of GMP requirements.
- Experience with BSL2 materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic and problem-solving capabilities are essential.
Location: New York, NY / Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org