Responsible for the implementation and coordination of patient recruitment, navigation and tracking for all Rocket clinical trials, in order to optimize and simplify the patient experience both during initial evaluation and subsequent to enrollment and treatment. The coordinator manages and oversees patient-oriented vendors and services, including those responsible for patient/family travel, accommodations and clinical visits/tests occurring in locations other than designated study centers. The coordinator works closely with clinical study site personnel, Rocket medical and clinical operations colleagues and key vendors to facilitate both initial evaluations and ongoing monitoring of patients participating in gene therapy trials for rare and serious genetic disorders.
- Serves as Rocket’s primary point of contact for patients/families during all stages of participation in Rocket-sponsored clinical trials
- Creates and maintains patient tracking systems for Rocket trials
- Builds relationships with investigators, referring physicians and study staff to identify potential patients
- Fields patient inquiries and facilitates patient/family interaction with study medical personnel
- Coordinates with referring sites, study personnel, and external vendors to enable timely completion of screening, enrollment, and other study-related activities
- Ensures patients/families are supported adequately during all stages of clinical trial participation, including facilitating logistics, e.g., completion of necessary documentation, coordinating travel-related requirements
- Assists in developing and disseminating patient-centric recruitment and educational tools
- Assists with patient recruitment and community outreach initiatives including participation in patient advocacy meetings, community events and other activities
- Keeps up-to-date on regulations, policies, and innovations related to patient recruitment.
Education, Behavioral Competencies, and Skills:
- Experience (3 to 8 years) in patient recruitment and coordination within a medical research center, biopharmaceutical company, patient advocacy or similar organization
- Expertise in developing and implementing recruitment, navigation, and retention strategies
- Experience in managing recruitment and travel vendors
- Understanding of educational and outreach strategies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience with rare and/or severe diseases and at-risk patient populations preferred
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team, exercise sound judgement and escalate issues when necessary
Candidates may have background in clinical site coordination, clinical operations, public health, nursing, pharmacy or related disciplines. In addition to competitive base salary/target bonus, position includes excellent health and other benefits including 401K. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a highly productive team committed to advancing multiple gene and cell therapies for rare and devastating diseases, and to contribute to the growth of an innovative and entrepreneurial organization that is growing rapidly and committed to putting cutting-edge science to work on behalf of patients in-need.
Location: New York, NY / Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org