Rocket Pharmaceuticals Inc., an emerging gene therapy organization, is seeking a top tier candidate for a Plant Controller position. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of Cost Accounting and Manufacturing, U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, and budgeting.
- Establishing and developing procedures and processes in a manufacturing plant;
- Analyze variances and communicates explanations to management with recommended actions.
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets and statements of cash flows for the Plant.
- Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets and identify risk.
- Ensure proper accounting in accordance with US GAAP;
- Developing COGS Standards;
- Maintaining fixed assets periodically and establishing best practices for fixed assets;
- Partnering with the manufacturing team to provide information and analysis.
Hands-on position, initially with no direct reports.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 8-10 years of Accounting Experience
- Manufacturing/Plant Controller-level experience
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong cost accounting acumen
- Pharma/Biotech industry experience supporting a highly regulated plant environment
- Experience creating cost accounting models from scratch
- Experience interacting with sales, operations and leadership personnel to explain inventory/margin variations in a business-focused manner
- Comfortable using Excel’s advanced functionality
- Hands-on, level-headed, self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience handling cost accounting and developing cost of goods sold standards
- Experience in publicly-traded companies
- Experience in start-up/pre-revenue companies
- Experience using Oracle NetSuite software (this is not a requirement)
Location: Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Interested in joining our team? Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org