Rocket Pharma is seeking an experienced and motivated lab manager and research technician to assist with daily operations of a dynamic gene therapy research lab and support development activities. The position involves managing day-to-day lab activities, including but not limited to purchase and organization of reagents and supplies, maintenance of lab equipment, and simple experimental and administrative support to a dedicated team of scientists.
- Organize and maintain structure of the lab, managing day-to-day activities and coordinating meetings with external partners
- Be responsible for shipping and receiving of materials
- Participate and coordinate daily lab tasks, including maintenance of mammalian cell culture lines, and other simple lab experiments to support scientists
- Oversee operation and maintenance of essential equipment, maintaining all service records and contracts
- Ensure supply inventory is adequate and act as primary resource for purchasing, managing vendor relationships
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of laboratory guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations, participate in training personnel on lab safety, conduct, standards
- Support preparation of proposals, presentations, and publications
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological or health sciences and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a biological laboratory environment, working with standard operating procedures, and safety while working in a viral vector lab
- Ability to perform basic lab assays, including: agarose gels, protein gels, PCR, qPCR, ELISA, sterile cell culture preferred.
- Background in managing processes, organizing and smoothly running a lab, maintaining high quality
- Knowledge of standard molecular and cellular biology, and viral vectors is a plus
- Requirements: good inter-personnel skills, team player, can-do attitude, high sense of accountability, and precise organizational skills
Location: New York, NY / Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com