Reporting directly to the Head of Development and Chief Operating Officer, the Director / Sr. Director Development Operations (title based on experience) will provide operational and strategic support to development Rocket’s AAV and LVV gene therapy programs. The ideal candidate will be action-oriented and key team member with a strong understanding of the drug development, and lead the scientific and operational progress for Rocket’s gene therapy programs. As a critical team member, this person will be able to roll up their sleeves to get the job done – whether it’s leading within the cross-functional organization against tight deadlines, or being the key liaison with external stakeholders including our SAB, academic community, and licensing partners.
- Manage and drive cross-functional relationships across research, operations, clinical, regulatory, CMC, and QC/QA functions
- Planning regular GPT (Global Project Team) and SAB meetings for multiple clinical-stage gene therapy programs, and delicately managing external relationships
- Collaborate with Development staff to outline goals, timelines and objectives in conjunction with Corporate and Research goals
- Strategize the allocation of budgets and resources across the Development team
- Support management of relationships with academic partners and external vendors
- Work with finance, legal and business functions to develop and manage relationships with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and serve as the CMO primary point of contact within the development team
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Ideally a strong scientific background (MD or PhD/ MS) coupled with MBA and strong business operations background.
- 5-10 years of R&D and Research Operations/Project Management experience, preferably in clinical development overseeing programs in Phase I-III phase at a Large Pharma or Leading Biotech company.
- Scientific expertise in gene therapy, ideally AAV or LVV would be highly valued, but biologics experience acceptable.
- Experience managing timelines and budgets across multiple cross-functional areas.
- Experience working with academic collaborators, CROs, and CMOs and their associated systems and contracts.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to represent company in outward facing situations, with diplomacy skills to delicately manage a broad set of external stakeholder relationships.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability and desire to learn complex issues.
- Willingness to do what needs to be done: excitement to drive programs forward and help the team/company achieve its goal to bring lifesaving therapies to patients in need.
- Position Based in NY/NJ area and does not offer remote work. Up to 25% travel possibility on short notice with key collaborators across US and EU.
Location: New York, NY / Cranbury, NJ, no remote availability.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25% travel possibility on short notice with key collaborators across US and EU.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com