Rocket Pharma is seeking a high energy, motivated candidate for Director Business Operations.
Title and compensation based on education and years of relevant experience. This candidate will join a well-funded (public, NASDAQ: RCKT) clinical-stage LVV and AAV gene therapy company with a broad pipeline in multiple pediatric rare disease clinical indications in US & EU.
Post graduate (MBA, JD or dual degree along with strong science) business position. The ideal candidate will have minimum 8-10 years industry experience in cell, gene, regenerative medicine or rare disease experience in either Large Pharma, Biotech or the CDMO space, and additional advisory experience at a leading healthcare consulting firm.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong passion and curiosity for science and gene therapy with desire to bring needed cures from bench to bedside.
- Support SVP BD and company in all aspects of business operations, manufacturing and clinical operations, financial planning, and assist in other tasks as assigned.
- Manage RFP process to interface with & help manage vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Support IP and license portfolio management, due diligence and contract execution.
- Work in matrix environment and triage between Clinical, CMC, Regulatory and Finance.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 8-10 years’ related experience in a Large Pharma/Biotech/CDMO organization.
- MBA or JD.
- Preference given to strong science undergraduate education (BS/MS/Univ. degree in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry) and understanding of Central Dogma.
- High aptitude, history of academic achievement; analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, Smartsheet and strong Excel modeling skills.
- Proficiency with modeling IS/BS/CF financial statements and marketing analyses; Experience with legal contracts. Certificates (LES, CFA, Bar) viewed favorably.
- Travel: Possible U.S. and EU travel on short notice required to support global partners.
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, multi-cultural diverse work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to represent company in outward facing situations.
- Team player to support growing 50 person emerging biotech.
- Provide biopharma deal sheet at end of CV with disclosable transaction details and role(s).
Location: New York, NY
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com