Location: Cranbury, NJ
Travel Requirements: <10%
Relocation Available: Yes
Rocket Pharma is a company bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through the development and commercialization of curative first-in-class gene therapies. We are seeking a motivated candidate who will be responsible for oversight and management of internal and external stakeholders enabling GMP manufacturing activities for AAV drug product. A successful candidate will have extensive experience in AAV drug product manufacturing with the ability to identify process challenges that can be addressed through design of experiments (DOE) to continuously improve product specifications and yields. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional department colleagues working within Rocket Pharma and other partners to ensure the successful execution of Rocket Pharma’s company business strategies and company objectives.
- Lead a small but growing team to support Rocket Pharma’s AAV pipeline
- Manage external contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) and contract testing organizations (CTOs) for the manufacturing and timely release of AAV drug product
- Monitor the conformance of AAV drug product manufacturing to active batch records and regulatory filings
- Proactively manage conformance issues identified during and after GMP AAV drug product manufacturing
- Manage internal and external process development activities
- Manage technology transfer of modified or new processes to be implemented in GMP manufacturing
- Manages and communicates AAV drug product-specific timelines to team members to ensure on-time deliverables are completed to supply ongoing clinical trials
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of 7-8 years of AAV manufacturing experience or other similar viral vector platforms in the biopharmaceutical industry plus an advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, or MS)
- Strong management experience (3-5 years)
- Previous experience with and expert knowledge of cGMP guidelines is essential
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, time management, organizational skills and flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning with proven ability to interact in a team environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and handle rapidly changing information
- Self-starter and must function well under minimal supervision
- Expert MS Office skills with a specific focus on word processing, formatting, tables, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, slides and templates, in addition to Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to effectively lead
- Ability to develop and execute strategies
- Handle issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency
- Strong leadership to support a multi-project environment in small biotech or large pharma
- Ability to interact, cooperate and motivate across departments and functions
Physical/Mental Requirements: (edit for job specific requirements)
- Ability to stand/sit for up to 8 hours
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is a company bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through the development and commercialization of curative first-in-class gene therapies. www.rocketpharma.com.
Interested in joining our team? Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com