This position will provide hands-on Human Resources services to Rocket leadership, management, and employees by providing strategic insight and through practical, efficient delivery of core HR processes and practices.
As with other leadership roles at Rocket this position is a “hands on,” operations oriented role informed by strategic considerations while delivering day to day practical processes and outcomes.
Areas of focus and delivery
- Engage with all employees to sustain trust and gain continuing insights into opportunities to improve individual and organization performance.
- Work with senior management, supervisors, and employees on individual performance and improvement matters, including formal Performance Improvement Plans.
Strategic organization planning and development:
- Engage with senior management and HR consultant in strategic, annual, and ongoing business planning activities to align organization growth and evolution (e.g. structure, culture, HR practices) with pipeline progression and other critical company priorities.
- Provide senior management with insights and counsel for improved individual and organizational performance.
- Work with Compliance and Finance leaders to update company policies, practices, and employee handbook as appropriate. Insure alignment with relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Align with senior management on recruiting priorities and active, open positions.
- Oversee activities and success of contract recruiter.
Development and training
- Ensure and oversee efficient, effective Performance Management process to include annual goal setting, mid-year and final year reviews. Provide supervisor and employee training as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee practical leadership, supervisory, and transferable skill training programs.
- Work with senior leaders, as needed, to support scientific and technical development of staff (note functional leaders ultimately responsible).
- Engage with senior management and HR consultant on overall compensation and benefit strategy and program change in support of evolving business and employee needs.
- Engage with HR consultant on job matching and development of total cash (base+bonus) compensation program.
- Work with COO, HR consultant, and appropriate others on year-end and mid-year promotion, salary, and bonus decisions and adjustments from design through decisions to implementation.
- Work with CEO/COO on development of ad hoc reward and recognition programs as appropriate for organizational needs.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 8-10 years’ of progressive HR experience
- BA degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Genuine curiosity for the Rocket science and business.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer learning of science and business dynamics into practical HR practices.
- Ability to build and sustain trust with individuals throughout the organization. Holds confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated track record of personal and professional growth.
- Impactful feedback and coaching skills.
Location: Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Rocket Pharma is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rocket Pharma via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Rocket Pharma in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Rocket Pharma, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rocket Pharma as a result of the referral or through other means.
*Please note, only qualified applicants that meet the requirements for the position will be contacted. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com