Rocket is seeking an MD for a leadership role to develop transformative cell- and gene-based therapies for rare and life-threatening disorders. The candidate will have demonstrated potential for expertise in clinical investigation of complex cardiac, neuromuscular or multi-system disorders either in an academic or biotech/pharma setting. Industry experience is not required, although the ideal candidate will be highly conversant with state-of-the-art clinical practice and translational research in cardiology, inherited neuromuscular disease and/or transplant medicine. We are seeking a motivated, skilled and articulate physician to play a pivotal role in the development, conduct and analysis of cell- and gene-therapy clinical programs culminating in health-authority submission and marketing authorization. The position will report to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Intense collaboration with academic investigators/scientific experts to develop outstanding clinical protocols
and ensure optimal study conduct including development of data collection and study reporting systems and adherence to GCP guidelines and other relevant health authority regulations.
- Frequent consultation with FDA & EMEA and with patient-advocacy organizations, development of training materials for study personnel, and study medical monitoring including oversight of clinical operations and pharmacovigilance colleagues.
- Frequent interactions with gene-therapy and rare disease expert investigators is essential, as is ongoing collaboration with statistical, data, regulatory, laboratory and translational research scientists.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Seeking board-certified MD who has completed medical specialty training in cardiology, transplant biology or a related complex discipline.
- Biotech/pharma experience is valuable but we welcome candidates from academic investigative settings with relevant experience and high motivation to become outstanding development specialists in biotech.
- Expertise in design of clinical studies in complex or life-threatening disorders.
- Abilty to function effectively as a member and leader of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic and problem-solving capabilities are essential.
- 3-5 years of relevant academic/industry experience are required.
In addition to competitive base salary/target bonus, position includes excellent health and other benefits including 401K. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team committed to advancing multiple gene and cell therapies for rare and devastating diseases, and to contribute to the growth of a scientifically-driven and entrepreneurial organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator.
Location: Cranbury, NJ
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org