We are seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant. The Accounts Payable Assistant is a member of a collaborative accounting and finance team and is responsible for accounting functions, with a focus on accounts payable. The candidate should be a detail-oriented, highly-motivated individual who pays close attention to control procedures, can understand the complexities accounting and can identify irregularities. While the position reports to the Senior Accounts Payable Manager, the professional will interface with senior management.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Audit of vendor invoices and/or employee expense reports; perform research as necessary to ensure accuracy and approval; code and input of vendor invoices to the payables module.
- Assist manager with preparation of weekly payables batches; coordinate with cash management for funding.
- Respond to external and internal queries timely and coordinate additional communications as needed to resolve inquiry.
- Assist with reconciliation of AP sub-ledgers during month end close.
- Assist with tracking, reconciling and allocating expense reports from credit card spending.
- Assist in quarterly reviews and year end audits.
- Ad-hoc projects.
Education/Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- Comfortable using Excel’s advanced functionality
- Hands-on, level-headed, self-starter
In addition to competitive base salary/target bonus, position includes excellent health and other benefits including 401K. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team committed to advancing multiple gene and cell therapies for rare and devastating diseases, and to contribute to the growth of a scientifically-driven and entrepreneurial organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator.
Location: Cranbury, NY & New York, NY
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
About Rocket Pharma
Rocket Pharma is bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through establishing a sustainable, integrated, multi-platform curative gene therapy company. We are searching for hands-on team players that enjoy working in extremely collaborative working environments with colleagues that share an excitement for developing innovative technology to treat unmet medical needs. www.rocketpharma.com.
Interested in joining our team? Contact us today!
Resumes with cover letters may be submitted to email@example.com